Following your massage and for several days after, you may feel some of the following symptoms:-
- Increased energy
- Increased sweating
- Heightened emotions - high or low
- Sleepy & tired or deeply relaxed
- Temporary worsening of symptoms- such as aching and soreness within muscles
- Increased thirst
- Increased urination
These symptoms are completely normal and indicate that your system is getting rid of toxins following your treatment.
For 24-48 hours following treatments-
- Drink plenty of fresh water: this helps to flush out the toxins that have been released from the soft tissues into the system
- Eat a light diet: if the body is using its energy to digest a heavy meal, it is not putting its energy into healing. Raw fruit and vegetables are good to eat, for their cleansing and vitalising effect.
- Avoid tea, coffee and alcohol and drink water, herbal teas or fresh juices.
- Rest as much as possible to allow the body time to heal. Any sudden surges are there to heal!
- Avoid any further treatments
- Do not have heat treatments - such as sun-bed or sauna
- Do not expose skin to the sun if massage included essential oils, as this may accelerate sun burn.
Aromatherapy- keep the oils on the skin for as long as possible, to fully penetrate the system.
Indian Head - keep the oils in the hair for as long as possible. Dry shampoo first, rinse with warm water and then wash as normal. You hair will be silky smooth!!
Hopi Ear Candling - avoid noisy environments and foods which increase mucous production, such as dairy products.
Facial after care advice Click here